The officials said this type of flying is considered very dangerous, especially in low-light conditions and spatial disorientation, and airsickness could easily set in. “While the ongoing search is divided into two massive areas, the data that the investigating team is collating is leading us more towards the north,” sources said.
Prime Minister Najib Razak last week said authorities are trying to trace the plane across two possible corridors - in the north to the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan, and a southern corridor from Indonesia to the southern Indian Ocean. Officials involved in the multi-national investigation said the probe would also focus on regions with disused airports equipped with long runways.
“There are two likely possibilities - either the plane landed somewhere and the engine was shut down or it crashed.” “As soon as the first country comes up with evidence of the flight's position after its last confirmed position (320km northwest of Penang), we will be able to refine the search and better determine its possible location,” the officials said. The mystery of the missing plane from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing since March 8 continued to baffle aviation and security authorities who have not succeeded in tracking the aircraft despite deploying hi-tech radar and other gadgets.
Missing plane flew low to avoid radar detection
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysian authorities are probing new information that the missing plane with 239 people on board dropped to an altitude of 5,000 feet or possibly lower to evade radar detection after it turned back
Read all the Breaking News Live on indiatvnews.com and Get Latest English News & Updates from World
Advertisement
Advertisement
-
Pakistan summons US envoy over Sergio Gor's 'J-K important part of India' remark in Srinagar
-
UK: Indian-origin couple killed after light aircraft crashes in remote Wales area
-
Pakistan govt challenges top court order to shift jailed former PM Imran Khan to private hospital
-
Regional ripples growing? UAE suspends all trade, finance deals with Iran after missile attack
-
UAE warns of 'potential missile threats', asks residents to remain in a safe place
Top News
-
'J-K is an important part of India': US envoy Sergio Gor hints at downgrading travel advisory
-
Modi govt's Gen Z outreach: One minister to visit one university every day to engage with youth
-
Blast at Delhi's Tikri Kalan CNG pump during truck refuelling leaves 3 dead, 3 injured
-
India roar past Pakistan 5-3 in Hockey World Cup 2026, book top-8 spot in thrilling clash
Advertisement
Advertisement