Jun 02, 2020 11:25 PM (IST)
Telangana reports 99 new COVID-19 positive cases
Telangana reports 99 new COVID-19 positive cases, taking the total number of positive cases in the state to 2,891. The death toll is at 92.
Jun 02, 2020 11:13 PM (IST)
Pune: 308 COVID-19 positive cases reported
22 deaths and 308 COVID-19 positive cases reported in the last 24 hours in Pune district. The death toll rises to 367 and positive cases are now 8,134.
Jun 02, 2020 9:34 PM (IST)
Jharkhand: 37 new COVID-19 positive cases reported
37 new COVID-19 positive cases reported in Jharkhand today, the total number of cases rises to 712. Till date, 320 patients have recovered/discharged. The number of active cases is 387.
Jun 02, 2020 8:30 PM (IST)
Haryana: 296 new COVID19 cases registered today
296 new COVID19 cases registered today, taking the total number of positive cases in the state to 2,652.
Jun 02, 2020 7:49 PM (IST)
Punjab: 41 new COVID-19 positive cases reported
41 new COVID-19 positive cases reported in Punjab today, the total number of positive cases in the state is now 2,342.
Jun 02, 2020 7:46 PM (IST)
Jammu and Kashmir reports 117 fresh cases of COVID-19
Jammu and Kashmir reported 117 fresh cases of COVID-19, among them 77 were reported from Kashmir division and 40 from Jammu division, taking the total number of patients to 2,718 in Jammu and Kashmir. The death toll has reached 33.
Jun 02, 2020 7:43 PM (IST)
Goa: 6 new positive COVID-19 cases reported
6 new positive cases reported in Goa today, taking the total number of positive cases to 79 including 22 active cases and 57 recovered.
Jun 02, 2020 7:28 PM (IST)
Kerala reports highest single day spike of 86 cases
Kerala reports highest single day spike of 86 cases, tally now 1,412. One more death takes toll to 11.
Jun 02, 2020 6:44 PM (IST)
Chandigarh: Total COVID-19 cases stands at 301
The total number of COVID19 cases in Chandigarh stands at 301, death toll 5.
Jun 02, 2020 6:42 PM (IST)
Himachal Pradesh reports 5 new COVID-19 cases
Himachal Pradesh reports 5 new COVID-19 cases, taking the total number to 345.
Jun 02, 2020 6:41 PM (IST)
Tamil Nadu reports 1,091 new cases of COVID-19
Tamil Nadu reports 1,091 new cases of COVID-19 taking the total number to 24,586.
Jun 02, 2020 5:45 PM (IST)
Nepal: 288 new positive cases of COVID-19 confirmed in last 24 hours
Nepal reported 288 new positive cases of COVID-19 confirmed in the last 24 hours. COVID-19 case tally stands at 2099 with cases recorded in 61 out of 77 districts.
Jun 02, 2020 4:54 PM (IST)
Assam: COVID-19 tally reaches 1,513 including 1,182 active cases, 4 deaths
The total number of COVID-19 positive cases in the state is 1513 including 1182 active cases, 324 discharged and 4 deaths.
Jun 02, 2020 4:48 PM (IST)
Dharavi: 25 new COVID-19 positive cases reported
25 new COVID-19 positive cases reported in Mumbai's Dharavi area today, the total number of positive cases in the area rises to 1830, the death toll stands at 71.
Jun 02, 2020 4:47 PM (IST)
Uttar Pradesh: 348 new COVID-19 positive cases reported
In the last 24 hours, 348 new COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Uttar Pradesh. There are 3231 active cases in the state and 5078 people have been cured/discharged. The death toll stands at 223.
Jun 02, 2020 4:29 PM (IST)
Govt briefs media over coronavirus situation in country
Joint Secretary of Union Health Ministry, Lav Agarwal along with ICMR official Nivedita Gupta, briefed media over COVID-19 situation in the country. Here are the highlights from the presser:
- 73% of COVID-19 deaths in India are people with co-morbidities.
- 10% of India's population accounts for 50% of India's COVID19 linked deaths.
- The fatality rate in our country is 2.82%, one of the lowest in the world.
- Till now, 95,527 COVID19 patients have recovered. The recovery rate is now 48.07%
- We have asked all states to analyse the trajectory of the cases in their respective states. If a state thinks that it needs to set up temporary COVID19 care centers then it must do so.
- We have 681 laboratories that are approved for conducting COVID-19 tests- 476 in the Government sector and 205 in the private sector, as of 1st June 2020. Today, we are conducting 1 lakh 20 thousand tests every day.
- Indian RNA extraction kits are now available in good number, RT-PCR kits by 11-12 indigenous vendors are now being used, we are now in a comfortable position as reg. testing, due to identification and hand-holding of domestic players.
- We've been using indigenous platforms too for ramping up #COVID19 testing capacity. Truenat screening&confirmatory tests have now been validated. Outreach of testing has hence been increased since this is available in primary health centres and districts.
Jun 02, 2020 3:45 PM (IST)
Target research areas for coronavirus
- Investing in a vaccine for COVID-19
- Investing in antiviral therapies for COVID-19
- Clinical trials of potential treatments for COVID-19
- Improving the health system’s response to COVID-19 and future pandemics
Jun 02, 2020 2:20 PM (IST)
Coronavirus updates from Jharkhand
Till date, 675 COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Jharkhand including 296 recoveries, 374 active cases and 5 deaths
Jun 02, 2020 1:21 PM (IST)
Kejriwal address media over coronavirus situation in India | HIGHLIGHTS
Kejriwal address media over coronavirus situation in India | HIGHLIGHTS
- We are four steps ahead of coronavirus. Cases of coronavirus are increasing in Delhi but we have made all the arrangements for beds, ICUs and ventilators
- To avoid this kind of situation in future, we are launching an app today. It will provide you information about all the hospitals in Delhi, private as well as govt. It will tell you the number of vacant beds in every hospital
- However, there have been instances where people are complaining of shortage of beds and medical facilities, so clearly there is gap in information as even today around 4100 beds are still vacant
- No. of cases in Delhi are increasing, but there's no need to worry about medical care for #COVID19 patients as we've done sufficient arrangements. If any member of your family tests positive, then they'll get the required medical services
Jun 02, 2020 1:07 PM (IST)
Australia invests $66 million to vaccine research
Australia’s Health Minister Greg Hunt announced that the Federal Government is pledging $66 million to the discovery of a vaccine and preparing the country for future pandemics.
Jun 02, 2020 11:21 AM (IST)
Re-strengthening economy against Corona is one of our highest priorities: PM Modi
Re-strengthening economy against Corona is one of our highest priorities. For this, the government has taken immediate decisions. We have also taken decisions which will help the country in the long run: PM
Jun 02, 2020 11:14 AM (IST)
Yes, we will definitely get our growth back, says PM Modi
While addressing the Annual Session, PM Modi: "I would rather go beyond 'Getting Growth Back' and I would say, "Yes, we will definitely get our growth back."
Jun 02, 2020 11:12 AM (IST)
CII has started the talk of 'Getting Growth Back': PM Modi
Today, on the one hand we've to save lives of our countrymen&on the other hand, we've to stabilize country's economy. In this situation, CII has started the talk of "Getting Growth Back"& I congratulate all the people of Indian industry for this: PM
Jun 02, 2020 11:10 AM (IST)
PM Modi addresses CII Annual Session in first major speech on economy after unlock 1
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses the Annual Session of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to mark its 125 years since its inception in 1895.
Jun 02, 2020 10:51 AM (IST)
Coronavirus updates from Mizoram
12 new COVID-19 positive cases confirmed at Zoram Medical College
Jun 02, 2020 9:37 AM (IST)
India reports 8,171 new COVID-19 cases and 204 deaths in the last 24 hours. Total number of cases in the country now at 1,98,706 including 97,581 active cases, 95,526 cured/discharged/migrated and 5,598 deaths
Jun 02, 2020 8:29 AM (IST)
Coronavirus updates: Global overview
- US nursing homes reported nearly 26,000 nursing homes deaths, according to report
- England opens some schools as lockdowns ease across the UK
- Spanish health officials report no new deaths in 24-hour period for first time since March
- Nigeria to reopen hotels and houses of worship on Tuesday
- India's aviation regulator tells airlines to avoid assigning middle seats
- Wuhan reports no asymptomatic cases
Jun 02, 2020 8:08 AM (IST)
Watch yoga guru Swami Ramdev's lessons to fight diabetes
Watch yoga guru Swami Ramdev's lessons to boost immunity, maintain good health and fight coronavirus, LIVE every day at 7:58 am and repeat 5 pm, only on India TV. Watch today's show on yoga asanas to fight diabetes |
Jun 02, 2020 7:25 AM (IST)
Confirmed cases in Latin America surge past one million
Cases in Latin American countries officially reached the one million mark, according to AFP. Latin America has quickly become a hub throughout the pandemic. Meanwhile, lockdown restrictions have slowly begun easing in parts of Europe and Russia.
Jun 02, 2020 6:49 AM (IST)
More than 2,903,000 people have been recovered from coronavirus infection so far: Summary
Hello and welcome to today's live coverage of coronavirus news in India and across the world, with me, Sushmita Panda and my colleagues Himanshu Shekhar, Shashwat Bhandari, Vani Mehrotra, Priya Jaiswal, Sidhant Mamtany and Rashi Hardaha. You can get in touch with us directly on twitter @sushmitapanda, @himaanshus, @ShashBhandari @vani_mehrotra @priyajais, @SidMamtany, and @rashihardaha for news, tips, photos, questions and comments.
Here's a quick overview:
The total number of global cases has surpassed 6.3 million, including more than 377,000 fatalities. More than 2,903,000 patients are reported to have recovered.
Deaths by country:
- United States- 1,06,125
- Italy- 33,475
- Spain- 27,127
- France- 28,833
- United Kingdom- 39,045
- Belgium - 9,486
Coronavirus in India: Total COVID-19 positive cases cross 198,000-mark
Coronavirus Death Toll in India: As of Friday evening, the death toll stood at 5,608