1. Kumbh Mela kicked-off today; Rajnath Singh and Fadnavis as chief guestsNashik: The much awaited Simhastha Kumbh parva at the Kumbhmela begun today morning at 6.16 am when the Jupiter (Bruhaspati), Sun and Moon enter Leo constellation (Simha rashi).
The flag hoisting at Trimbakeshwar was done in the presence of Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
2. BJP President Amit Shah to visit Assam
Guwahati: National President of BJP Amit Shah will take stock of party activities in Assam, as he is scheduled to visit the state today.
He will especially make a check on the progress of the Mahan Sampark Abhiyan and organizational preparedness ahead of next year's assembly election.
3. Arun Jaitley to preside over Khalsa College's convocation
Amritsar: Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will preside over the 108th annual convocation of historic Khalsa College today.
4. Sonia Gandhi to meet with senior leaders
Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi is scheduled to chair a meeting of senior party leaders to discuss strategy for Parliament session
5. IPL spot-fixing, betting scandal: Verdict on Kundra, Meiyappan
New Delhi: Two teams from the Indian Premier League could be banned from the Twenty20 cricket tournament when a Supreme Court-appointed panel hands down its sentence today over a spot-fixing and betting scandal.
6. Hearing on Badal resort row
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana high is scheduled to hear on a petition challenging the acquisition of land for the construction of a road leading to a resort owned by the Badal family in SAS Nagar district.
7. Order on charges against Koda
New Delhi: A special court will today pronouncing its order on framing of charges against former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda and seven others in a coal block allocation scam case.
The case pertains to alleged irregularities in allocation of Rajhara North coal block in Jharkhand to Kolkata-based Vini Iron and Steel Udyog Ltd.