New Delhi, Feb 4: Surprised by the Delhi court's rejection of his plea to make Home Minister P Chidambaram a co-assused in the 2G scam, Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy today said he had a “very very strong case” and will appeal against the order in higher courts.
“I am surprised,” Swamy said soon after the special CBI court dismissed his plea against Chidambaram.
“I will go to another court. This order deserves to be reserved. I will certainly appeal against it. I am a fighter,” he told reporters.
He insisted that he has a “very very strong case” both against Chidambaram and A Raja, the main accused in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, and that he will challenge the decision in High Court.
He said the Supreme Court had said earlier that a trial court's decision could be challenged directly in the apex court and that he would examine this option as well.
“How can Chidambaram be vindicated by one court unless he is vindicated in all the courts,” he said.
“This is nothing new for me. I will go for appeal...This is not the first time that a petition has been dismissed,” he said, while recalling that his appeals against High Court decisions in the cases of grant of sanctions and cancellation of 2G licences had been upheld by the Supreme Court.
Swamy said he was yet to go through the trial court's order and the reasons given by it.
“I don't know what the judge has said... I have to see it,” the petitioner said.
Asked whether he was disappointed, he disagreed and said “this is part of the game. May be only journalists are disappointed.”
“So long as my petition is not dismissed in the Supreme Court, I shall not say that my charges are baseless”, Swamy said.