New Delhi, Dec 17: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde Monday said Pakistan has been misleading India on the arrest of Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed, and added that all his arrests so far have pertained to other matters.
Making a statement in the Rajya Sabha a day after Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik concluded his three-day visit to India, Shinde said copies of FIRs and judgments pertaining to previous arrests of Saeed were made available to India which showed he had not been arrested in relation to the Mumbai attacks.
"Mr. Rehman Malik has been telling us repeatedly he has arrested Hafiz Saeed thrice and he was let off due to lack of evidence. We had been given to understand Hafiz Saeed was arrested on charge of being involved in the 26/11 attack," Shinde said.
"He said he will give FIRs and judgments of three occasions... He has given us papers on detention of Saeed and from the papers it is clear his detention was for other reasons and not for his role in Mumbai terror attack. So I can only say Mr. Rehman Malik appears to be misinformed in this case," he said.