Moradabad, UP, Jun 27: Dinner at a marriage ceremony proved to be life-threatening of Pitpur village under Kunderki block on S unday. More than 200 people fell ill due to suspected food poisoning after having food at a marriage ceremony. The victims suffered severe vomiting and restlessness.
The incident took place when all the guests returned to their homes after having their dinner at the marriage. After sometime the villagers started vomiting en masse.
The doctor at the local primary health centre was informed, who in turn informed district headquarters. Three teams of doctors rushed to the village for treating the villaers.
Because of lack of beds at the primary health centre, most of the sick people were treated at their homes.
More than a dozen people were referred to the district hospital for treatment.
Doctors suspected food served at the wedding could either be adulterated or stale which could have led to food poisoning.