New Delhi: Uttar Pradesh has the maximum number of voters in the country followed by Maharashtra, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh and Bihar, the Election Commission said Wednesday.
As per the electoral data of 2014 released by the commission Feb 14, of the 814,591,184 voters, Uttar Pradesh has 16.4 percent of the total voters and Maharashtra has 9.6 percent followed by West Bengal at 7.699 percent, Andhra Pradesh at 7.659 percent and Bihar at 7.624 percent.
With 3.62 lakh voters or 0.044 percent of the national electorate, Sikkim has the smallest number of voters.
The EC said the 28 states together account for 98.27 percent of the voters while the seven union territories constitute the remaining 1.73 percent.
Delhi accounts for 1.48 percent of the voters while the other six union territories constitute 0.253 percent of the Indian electorate.