New Delhi: India will submit to Pakistan evidence that the three terrorists who carried out attacks in Gurdaspur had come from across the border during the proposed National Security Advisor-level talks here later this month.
Sources privy to the development said the Indian side could also bring up terror cases related to wanted gangster and mastermind of 1993 Mumbai blasts Dawood Ibrahim during the meeting, which was agreed to at the meeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif in Ufa in Russia last month.
“Everything will be on table. The agencies are collecting evidence in the case of the Gurdaspur terror attack. The soil samples found in the boots of the three killed terrorists have been sent for investigation,” they said.
Sources added the evidence in connection with the Gurdaspur attack is still being collected and collated by the agencies to prepare “solid proof” to prove the cross-border conspiracy that killed seven persons–three civilians, Superintendent of Police (Detective), Baljit Singh, a Punjab provincial service officer and three home guards.
They said a dossier will also be prepared and handed over to the other side during the meeting, like the Indian case against 26/11 Mumbai attack mastermind and LeT commander Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi who is now out on bail.
Similar proof against terror mastermind Hafiz Saeed, who India has time and again said has been roaming freely in the neighbouring country, will be shared with Pakistan across the table, they said.
They said all other matters pertaining to cross-border terror cases would be brought on the table, backed by “water-tight” evidence.
The sources, however, said a firm proposal and agenda for the talks, proposed by India between August 23-24, has not been prepared.
Despite the two Premiers agreeing to re-start talks on bilateral issues during their meeting in Ufa, the recent Gurdaspur terror attack and a spate of ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the border has escalated tension between the two countries.