Chandauli: Fire broke out in a sleeper coach of Dehradun-Howrah express on Thursday evening at Chandauli Majhwar railway station on the Mughalsarai-Gaya section of the Delhi-Howrah route.
As per the reports, fire broke out in the toilet of Sleeper Coach number 1 (S1).
As soon as passengers noticed smoke coming out from the toilet, they evacuated the coach immediately and informed that railway officials at the station.
Railway officials said that a kerosene stove was kept inside the toilet of the coach. Officials were able to deal with the fire quickly.
A tea kettle was also found.
The train left for its destination after a halt of three hours at Chandauli Majhwar railway station.