Mumbai: Continuing his deposition via videoconference before Special TADA Court Judge GA Sanap, Pakistani-American terrorist David Headley said that Pakistani spy agency ISI eyed staff of the sensitive Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) to procure 'classified information' from them.
Headley also said that Lashkar-e-Taiba (to which he belongs) told him to survey naval air station in Mumbai and Siddhivinayak temple, but he discouraged the idea to target them as both were heavily guarded.
* In 2007, Sajid Mir asked me to take a look at National Defence College if I visit Delhi. I did that, but didn't make a video
* Abdur Rehman Pasha said that if we target National Defence College successfully, number of deaths of Army Brigadiers and Generals will be more than deaths in any India-Pak war
* One of the reasons I didn't tell about this to LeT is that they will think I may be apprehended in India.
* Ilyas Kashmiri wanted to target National Defence College because it was a prime target. He said National Defence College was a high value target and many senior Indian Army officers stay there. He gave me money for air fare. I didn't share these facts with LeT because I thought they won't allow this visit
* I Met Ilyas Kashmiri in Feb 2009, he asked me to go to India to conduct recce for future attacks. He asked me to survey National Defence College (Delhi), Chabad House (Pushkar, Pune) & Chabad House (Goa)
* al Qaeda intended to attack National Defence College (Delhi) many years ago
* When shown the picture of Ajmal Kasab, David Headley said in court: "Rahmatullah Ali" (May God bless you). I was also working for al Qaeda
* On November 28, 2008, I got an e-mail from my wife stating "Congratulations on your graduation, ceremony was great". She was talking about the 26/11 attacks. My wife gave me full credit for the successful terror attacks
* My wife met Hafiz Saeed and requested him to convince me to take her back as I had divorced her. My wife Faiza knew that I was a true follower of Hafiz Saeed who called me through somebody after hearing my wife's request
* I heard in news that one terrorist named Ajmal Kasab was captured by security forces in Mumbai. Sajid Mir and entire LeT were saddened by this
* 26/11 attackers used Indian cell phones and got directions from control room in Karachi. Sajid Mir gave me one of those Indian cell phone numbers, asked me to visit Wagah border to check if it's working in that area
* I met Rahul Bhatt (filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt's son) through a person called Vilas, during a body-building competition. Vilas was the in-charge of Moksha Gym
* I developed a close friendship with him (Rajaram Rege). I wanted to access the Shiv Sena Bhawan in case LeT is interested in attacking the building in future. I took a video of Shiv Sena Bhawan and handed it over to LeT; they were planning to target Shiv Sena HQ and Bal Thackeray in future.
* I visited Gateway of India, Cuffe Parade, Worli to select landing site for 26/11 attackers and later finalized Cuffe Parade
* I also did recce of Mumbai airport. But, Major Iqbal was unhappy for not including Mumbai airport as a target spot
* I visited Mumbai's Siddhivinayak Temple, made video of premises and purchased 15-20 wrist bands (sacred thread) for 26/11 attackers so that they would look like Indians, as a cover up of their identities. When I returned to Pakistan, I gave those bands (sacred threads) to Sajid Mir who thought it was a good idea
* Lakhvi said, this (26/11 attack) is very important. It will be an answer to all bomb blasts done by India in Pakistan. It will be our revenge
* Major Iqbal of Inter Services Intelligence said that in future I should recruit people from Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) for ISI, who can collect classified information
* Chabad House was selected by LeT as a target as it was an international location where Jewish and Israeli people were staying. In July 2008 I visited Chabad House (Nariman House) in Mumbai, made a video of the premises as I knew that it was a Jewish community centre
* Also discouraged LeT from attacking Naval Air Station and Siddhivinayak Temple as I observed that both are heavily guarded
* Major Iqbal asked me to survey the Naval Air Station in Mumbai, which I did and then discussed about it with LeT operatives
* David Headley admits he visited and made a video of BARC, and then handed it over to Major Iqbal and Sajid Mir