Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday arrived in his poll-bound home state of Gujarat for a two-day visit less than a month after inaugurating the ambitious Sardar Sarovar Narmada Project. He began the tour with prayers at the Dwarkadheesh Temple in the historic Dwarka town.
PM Narendra Modi addressed a public meeting in Rajkot:
- Only 4 per cent of land for the airport was taken from farmers, says Modi
- Aviation cannot be about rich people. We have made aviation affordable and within reach of the lesser privileged. There was no aviation policy post independence. We made those policies and took responsibility to connect smallest of places by air.
- Who imagined in this district that an airport will come? Is this not development? Is this kind of development not needed... such development works will empower citizens.
- The definition of development is changing. Once, setting up hand-pumps used to be govt's achievement. Today there's a govt which has supplied Narmada's water to villages: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi addresses a public meeting in Gujarat's Rajkot
- It was like Diwali yesterday when we made some important changes in the Goods and Services Tax: PM in Dwarka
- Marine policing is a sector we are looking at very closely. We are modernising marine security apparatus.
- To make life of our fishermen better we have to empower them, government will give them loans on less interest so they can buy bigger boats.
- Building of infrastructure should enhance economic activities and add to the atmosphere of development.
- Common citizen of India wants fruits of development to reach him/her. None wants their children to live in poverty. We want to help our people.
- Had already stated earlier that we would look into GST for 3 months and make changes, mend loopholes as per the experience.
- Will build the first marine institute in Dwarka.
- Japan will aid India to develop our infrastructure.
- Previous governments did nothing to develop Dwarka.
- Will boost tourism by developing Dwarka.
- Working hard to fulfil aspirations of people.
12:01 pm: PM Modi inaugurates a bridge between Okha and Bet Dwarka.
11:35 am: PM Modi to address a public meeting in Dwarka shortly.
10:55 am: After offering prayers at Dwarkadhish, the prime minister can be seen greeting people.
10:42 am: PM Narendra Modi offers prayers at Dwarkadhish temple.
09:52 am: Modi arrives in Jamnagar for his 2-day visit to Gujarat state.
Gujarat: PM Narendra Modi arrives in Dwarka. He will visit Dwarkadhish Temple later. pic.twitter.com/XAoxGPQRaP— ANI (@ANI) October 7, 2017
09:50 am: "My programmes today begin with a visit to the Dwarkadhish Temple. Will lay the foundation stone for a bridge between Okha and Bet Dwarka", PM Narendra Modi tweeted.
09:49 am: The prime minister will start his trip with a visit to the Dwarkadhish temple.
Gujarat: PM Narendra Modi arrives in Jamnagar for his 2-days visit to the state pic.twitter.com/qIpKOxi3fJ— ANI (@ANI) October 7, 2017
09:46 am: At Dwarka, he will lay the foundation stones of a bridge between Okha and Beyt Dwarka, and other road development projects. PM Modi will also address a public meeting here.
09:44 am: The prime minister will also lay the foundation stones for a greenfield airport at Rajkot, foundation stone in Chotila for six-laning of 201-km Ahmedabad-Rajkot National Highway and four-laning of Rajkot-Morbi State Highway.
09:42 am: He will also dedicate a fully automatic milk processing and packaging plant and a drinking water distribution pipeline for Joravarnagar and Ratanpur area of Surendranagar. He will address a public meeting here.
09:40 am: With Gujarat gearing up for Assembly elections, PM Modi will also be attending a 'bhumi pujan' and launch various government schemes.
09:37 am: The prime minister is also expected to visit Vadnagar, his birthplace, in Mehasana on Sunday. There is a lot of excitement in Vadnagar as well as nearby villages such as Badarpur and Molipur over the visit, the prime minister's elder brother Somabhai Modi told PTI.
09:35 am: Modi will visit his birthtown Vadnagar in North Gujarat to inaugurate a Rs 500-crore civil hospital and a medical college.
09:34 am: In Vadnagar, massive hoardings have been put up along the route, depicting his journey from Vadnagar to Varanasi. Some of them have a sketch of Modi as a school boy.
09:32 am: There will be an exhibition of photos at the canteen of the local railway station where the prime minister's father used to prepare tea.
09:31 am: Modi will lay the foundation stone of the Rs 1,200-crore Devi Ni Mori International Buddhist complex near Shamlaji in Aravalli district, also in North Gujarat.
09:30 am: This is PM Narendra Modi's third visit to Gujarat in a month.