A 34-year-old man died after electrocuted in Ghaziabad's Indirapuram on Thursday. The incident took place inside the posh Shipra Sun City residential complex when he was reportedly returning home after dropping his daughter to school.
The man apparently came in contact of a live wire near the society's park and collapsed on the spot. Locals called the police which took the man to a local hospital where doctors declared him dead. The body has been sent for post-mortem.
READ STORY: Heavy rain in Delhi-NCR causes mayhem, Traffic Police issues advisory to avoid these routes
The incident has once again highlighted the apathy of civic agencies in Ghaziabad's Indirapuram. The area witnessed severe waterlogging on Thursday amid heavy rains as drains remained clogged.
In Vasundhara, situated close to Indirapuram, a road caved in following heavy rains.