Curtains came down on the Aero India – 2019 at Air Force Station Yelahanka in Bengaluru on Sunday. Having evolved over the years, the 12th edition of the event drew large crowd that bear testimony to the premier Air Show of Asia having come of age.
The highlights of this year’s show have been:
- More than 600 Indian Companies and 200 Foreign Companies participated and witnessed the largest Air show of Asia.
- The total area of the show has grown from 27,678 sq m to 28,398 sq m this year.
- A total of 61 aircraft participated in the event.
- Several seminars were conducted by a host of agencies including Ministry of Civil Aviation, Skill Development Ministry, State Governments and Industrial Associations in addition to Ministry of Defence.
- The first three days at the show, earmarked exclusively for business visitors saw a foot fall of approximately two lakh. The air show saw a lot of activity from business point of view and witnessed several round table meets.
- The show was a shot in the arm for the ‘Make in India’ campaign of the Government of India by virtue of its sheer magnitude and presence of stake holders from across the globe.
The current edition of Aero India had many firsts to its credit and was the right platform to showcase growth of aerospace in sector. Also for the first time a ‘Drone Olympics’ was held with 58 entries.
There was a specific theme for each day of the show. Start-ups, technology and women were featured on each of the business days of Aero India – 2019.
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presided over a CEO conclave attended by 13 CEOs from overseas companies and 11 from Indian firms and exchanged views about the development of the sector. As many as 500 B2B meetings were held and many 50 MoUs were signed indicating the tag line of the show ‘The Runway to a Billion Opportunities’.
A special event highlighting the achievements of women in Indian Aerospace Industry was held as part of Aero India on Saturday. Several women working in the aviation, science and research sectors were felicitated during the event for their contribution to the Aerospace sector.