Delhi Metro: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation is preparing to introduce ‘Momentum 2.0’ by the end of this month, according to a Hindustan Times report.
Currently, the app is in the testing phase to check its execution.
The locker facilities are one of the features for commuters being planned by the DMRC under Momentum 2.0.
Various Delhi metro stations will get their locker facilities for passengers with the launch of this app.
What are the features of the app?
- Shopping, storing
- All set to become the first online shopping app for the metro in the country
- The users can buy products from online platforms which are in partnership with DMRC. This is not applicable to any website.
- The app is planning to bring to the table last-mile connectivity options, according to the HT report.
- The process of installing lockers in the metro stations has already begun.
- According to the officials, after the commuters place orders from the websites partnering with DMRC, the products will be delivered to the respective metro stations which have locker facilities in which the purchases can be stored.
- The passengers can also store their belongings in the lockers which will be chargeable for this service.
According to the HT report, commuters can use the app to access instant features such as booking bikes, e-rickshaws, and cabs and view the timetable of feeder, DTC, and cluster bus routes from Metro stations.
However, the names of such metro stations have yet not been made public.