The 89th Academy Awards commenced at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles in grand fashion with a record-tying 14 nominations.
"La La Land" hit headlines after it was nominated for 14 Oscars, the only film to have matched the nomination record of 1998 super hit "Titanic".
The critically acclaimed "Manchester by the Sea", featuring Casey Affleck and Michelle Williams, was nominated for five Academy Awards and has taken the world by storm, with about 35 per cent more holiday makers considering a trip to Boston and the beautiful coastal towns the movie has captured.
Here are the live updates:
- Biggest goof up as presenters read it wrong. "Moonlight" wins Oscar for Best Film, not "La La Land"
- Emma Stone wins Best Actor (Female) Leading Role for La La Land
- Damien Chazelle wins Best Director for La La Land
- Casey Affleck wins Best Actor (Male) in Leading Role for Manchester by the Sea
- "The Jungle Book" wins the Academy Award in the Best Visual Effects category
- "Zootopia" wins the award for Best Animated Feature Film
- Actor Dev Patel, nominated in the category of 'Actor in a Supporting Role' for his film Lion, appears with his mother.
- "The Salesman" by Iranian director Asghar Farhadi wins Best Foreign Language Film
- Viola Davis wins best supporting actress Oscar for "Fences."
BREAKING: Viola Davis wins best supporting actress Oscar for "Fences."— The Associated Press (@AP) February 27, 2017
- Mahershala Ali takes home the award for his film Moonlight, in the Best Supporting Actor category.