New Delhi: Bollywood has witnessed several friendships, cold wars, love affairs and break-ups, while some grab eyeballs, others go down quietly.
However, there is one bond that has always been the centre of media attraction.
We are talking about the bond between superstar Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan.
Infact, their growing ‘bromance' recently became the talk of the town after both Salman and SRK, reportedly, chose to put aside their grievances.
Recently, Salman and King Khan shared the screen space on reality show ‘Bigg Boss 9' after a long hiatus.
Infact, the promos of the show were shot on the theme of their blockbuster movie ‘Karan-Arjun' which had bought Salman and Shah Rukh together for the first time.
As ‘Karan-Arjun' completes 21 years of its release today, we bring you some lesser known facts about the iconic movie:
1. You will be surprised to know that Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan were not the first choice of director Rakesh Roshan. Roshan had initially planned to cast Ajay Devgn and Sunny Deol for the movie. Ajay was supposed to portray Salman's character in the film.
2. ‘Karan-Arjun' was originally titled as ‘Kaaynaat'.
3. Hrithik Roshan worked as an assistant director and had assisted his father Rakesh Roshan in ‘Karan-Arjun'
4. ‘Karan-Arjun' became the second highest grossing film of the year 1995.
5. While SRK was a renowned name before doing ‘Karan-Arjun', Salman Khan was yet to become a big star.
6. Interestingly, it was Juhi Chawla who was supposed to play Shah Rukh's love interest in the movie. However, things changed and the role was given to Kajol.
7. Even Mamta Kulkarni was not the first choice for Salman's love interest in ‘Karan-Arjun'. This role was originally offered to Nagma
8. 'Koi Mil Gaya' actor Rajat Bedi did a body double for SRK in the action sequences of Karan Arjun.
Though it's been 21 years since Salman and SRK did this iconic movie and shared the screen space for the first time, they are still referred as Karan and Arjun.
The movie, indeed, played a pivotal role in shaping Salman-SRK's friendship. Infact, Salman Khan even confessed that he ends up getting teary-eyed every time he watches ‘Karan-Arjun'.