From Jasmine of ‘Aladin' to Shaina of ‘Kick', the Sri Lankan beauty Jacqueline Fernandez has come a long way in the Indian film industry.
In just six years, the beautiful lady has carved a niche for herself with an assurance to stay put and play more promising roles in the future.
Though we are still waiting to see a memorable role from her, we continue to love her unabated.
Here we share with you certain things about the beautiful lady that you might not know –
1) Born on 11th August, 1985, Jacqueline was the fourth child in a multi-ethnic family. Her father is a Sri Lankan, her mother Malaysian and she also has Canadian ancestry.
She has one elder sister and two elder brothers.
2) It is learnt that she started working when she was only 14. In the initial days, she started hosting TV shows in Bahrain and then gradually moved to the media sector and became a TV reporter with specialization in politics.
3) Her first commercial appearance on television was in a music video by Sri Lankan music duo Bathiya and Santhush.
4) Though unable to rake in much accolades, Jacqueline's Bollywood debut was in ‘Aladin' opposite Riteish Deshmukh. In the same movie, she also got an opportunity to work with megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
5) Apart from acting in films, she is an active participant in social and charitable causes as well. She is a member of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and has supported many causes in the past.
6) Time and again, she has been linked with several Bollywood personalities. The diva had reportedly dated her Housefull 2 director Sajid Khan for quite some time. They even went for a 5 day holiday but broke up in May 2013. It was alleged that Jacqueline lost many roles in films like Jism 2 and Krishh 3 due to restrictions imposed by Sajid while the latter claimed in an interview that she was a nagging girl friend.
7) The ‘Kick' actress has a food joint in Sri Lanka known as Kaema Sutra. This is a collaboration with Sri Lankan chef Dharshan Munidasa.
8) The style-goddess once charged Rs 75 lakh for a three-minute performance in a famous festival of UP called Saifai Mahotsav.
9) She will soon be seen in a Sri Lankan film titled “According to Mathew” directed by Sri Lankan director Chnadram Rutnam. The film is reportedly based on the real life story of Reverend Father Matthew Pieris, an Anglican pastor in Colombo, who was tried by the law for the murder of his wife and the husband of his mistress. Jacqueline will play mistress to Alston Koch who will essay the lead character in the film.
10) Now a renowned name, the lady owes her success to superstar Salman Khan. She recently said in an interview that she would not think twice before doing anything for her ‘Kick' co-star. She strongly believes that Salman is the one who changed her career.
While the gorgeous lady is geared up for the release of her next film ‘Brothers' with Akshay Kumar and Siddharth Malhotra, she is about to debut in Hollywood also.
Currently, she has a Hollywood movie ‘Definition of Fear' in her kitty along with several others.
We wish her a wonderful birthday and a glittering career ahead.