1. You Are At:
  2. English News
  3. Auto
  4. Delhi govt suspends subsidy on Tata Nexon EV

Delhi govt suspends subsidy on Tata Nexon EV

A show cause notice was issued to Tata Motors by the transport department about a complaint from a user of the Nexon EV claiming it did not meet the promised range on full charge.

PTI PTI
New Delhi Published on: March 02, 2021 13:15 IST
tata nexon ev news, tata nexon full charge range, tata nexon ev subsidy, tata nexon ev subsidy news,
Image Source : FILE PHOTO

Nexon EV claims a range of 312 km on single battery charge. 

The Delhi government has delisted the electric version of the Tata Nexon car from its subsidy scheme for electric vehicles following complaints that the model failed to meet the specified range on a single charge, officials said on Monday.

Delhi Transport minister Kailash Gahlot on Monday said several users had complained of "sub-standard" driving range offered by the Nexon electric vehicle (EV).

"The Delhi government has decided to suspend subsidy on a EV car model, pending final report of a Committee, due to complaints by multiple users of sub-standard range performance," Gahlot tweeted.

ALSO READ: Tata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark; record 1,000 SUVs sold in 3 months

"We are committed to support EVs, but not at the cost of trust & confidence of citizens in claims by manufacturers," he said.

Last month, a show cause notice was issued to Tata Motors by the transport department about a complaint from a user of the Nexon EV claiming it did not meet the promised range of 312 km on single charge of its battery, officials said.

Write a comment

X