Mishra had then remarked in his letter dated December 22, 2003, to the then IAF chief Air Chief Marshal S Krishnaswamy: "I am concerned that the framing of the mandatory requirements for the new helicopters has effectively led us into a single-vendor situation."
"It is unfortunate that neither the PMO nor the Special Protection Group (which provides proximate security to the PM) was consulted while framing these mandatory requirements. I suggest you and the defence secretary may jointly review this matter to draw up realistic mandatory requirements satisfying operational, security and convenience requirements for VVIPs," Mishra's letter says.
Mishra was also the principal secretary to Prime Minister Vajpayee.
From Our Network
- What makes Chabahar port a ‘strategic asset’ for India against both China and Pakistan?
- Pre-registrations begin for Sony Xperia X and Xperia XA: What you need to know before you book
- US lawmakers approve bill to accord NATO ally status to India
- Touching! Sonu Nigam meets the man who gave him Rs 12 when he had disguised as a beggar
- Question on Salman Khan makes ex-flame Aishwarya Rai furious. Here’s what happened