Mishra had then remarked in his letter dated December 22, 2003, to the then IAF chief Air Chief Marshal S Krishnaswamy: "I am concerned that the framing of the mandatory requirements for the new helicopters has effectively led us into a single-vendor situation."
"It is unfortunate that neither the PMO nor the Special Protection Group (which provides proximate security to the PM) was consulted while framing these mandatory requirements. I suggest you and the defence secretary may jointly review this matter to draw up realistic mandatory requirements satisfying operational, security and convenience requirements for VVIPs," Mishra's letter says.
Mishra was also the principal secretary to Prime Minister Vajpayee.
From Our Network
- Pakistan has one month's time to grab US F16 deal
- Two top Hizbul militants killed in J&K encounter
- Kerala Principal furious after students prepare ‘grave’, sprinkle it with flowers as 'retirement gift'
- Punjab: All women above 40 will be examined for breast cancer
- 12-year-old Kota boy qualifies for International Biology Olympiad
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Aamir Khan’s young fan suffering from rare genetic disorder passes away at 15
- Is Anushka Sharma’s ‘Sultan’ teaser COPIED from this short film?
- See Pics: AbRam playing with father Shah Rukh amidst match is too cute to handle
- "Amitabh Bachchan apologised to me on behalf of Jaya Bachchan," says Amar Singh