Pune, Jan 1: Speaking for the first time after ending his fast abruptly in Mumbai last week, hospitalised Anna Hazare today asked his supporters not to worry about his health saying he will be alright in a few days.
Hazare, who has been admitted to a private hospital here after suffering from a viral infection, said he was feeling “much better” now.
74-year-old Hazare was admitted to the Sancheti hospital last night and is being monitored by a team of doctors.
“People who thought I am very unwell, it is not like that. I am much better now,” he told reporters from his hospital bed.
“In a few days, I will be alright. Don't worry about me. I request all my countrymen and volunteers not to worry. My health is not that bad,” he said.
This is the first public comments of Hazare after he ended his fast in Mumbai abruptly on Wednesday following failing health and poor public response.
After examining his health, the doctors said he should remain in hospital for a week and have advised him not to fast at least for the next one month.
The doctor also said Hazare needs “complete rest” now and that his aides have been asked not to disturb him.
From Our Network
- Common thread linking terrorism, smuggling and drugs needs to be broken: Pranab Mukherjee
- Was advised to retire after Beijing Olympics: Sushil Kumar
- Physicist Stephen Hawking plans to map entire known universe
- After Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh gives a perfect reply to their ‘rumoured’ break-up
- What? Shah Rukh Khan is 'blackmailing' Uday Chopra 'publicly'