A flat in Greater Noida's Gaur City 5th Avenue society caught fire where furniture worth lakhs was reduced to ashes. Fortunately, the incident did not result in any casualties as no one was present in the house.
The fire broke out in a flat on the 5th floor of 5th Avenue of the Gaur City Society in Greater Noida. A video of the incident has also gone viral on social media showing huge flames coming out of windows.
The fire was brought under control by the maintenance and security teams of the society.
The flat belongs to one Pradeep Kamboj who lives with his family on the 5th floor in G Block of 5th Avenue.
According to reports, the family had gone out for some work on Sunday. The fire broke out when no one was present in the house and soon spread in the entire flat.
As soon as the neighbours witnessed it, they immediately alerted security.
Society security and maintenance teams reached the spot with fire extinguishers and tried to douse the fire. After a lot of effort, they were able to control the situation.
Almost everything which was inside the flat was reduced to ashes but there was no loss of any lives.
The reason for the fire has not been clear yet. Initial information suggests that the fire started due to a short circuit.
The fire department was also informed but by the time they reached, the flames were brought under control.
ALSO READ | Uttar Pradesh: Police bust fake call centre in Noida, six arrested