1. You Are At:
  2. Home
  3. Politics News
  4. National News
  5. No case against me, says Rao Inderjit Singh

No case against me, says Rao Inderjit Singh

New Delhi: Minister of State for Defence Rao Inderjit Singh today rubbished allegations that he was facing a CBI inquiry in the Kandivili land scam case in Mumbai saying the investigating agency has already closed

India TV News Desk [ Updated: May 31, 2014 17:16 IST ]
no case against me says rao inderjit singh
no case against me says rao inderjit singh

New Delhi: Minister of State for Defence Rao Inderjit Singh today rubbished allegations that he was facing a CBI inquiry in the Kandivili land scam case in Mumbai saying the investigating agency has already closed the case against him as it found nothing against him.


Singh, who was Minister of State with responsibility of Defence Production in the previous Manmohan Singh government, said the case against him had no basis in the first place.  

“It is regrettable that a disinformation campaign is being run by my erstwhile colleagues in Congress regarding the Kandivili case in Mumbai... After conducting detailed investigation, the CBI found no malafide had been established in the matter on part of any individual,” said the minister who was earlier with Congress and joined BJP ahead of Lok Sabha elections, in a statement here.

He said the CBI had registered a preliminary inquiry into the case in January 2012 but “found no malafide had been established in the matter on part of any individual”.

Write a comment