Over Congress leader Sam Pitroda's "hua to hua" (It happened, so what?) remark on the anti-Sikh riots in 1984, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday stepped up his attack on the grand old party.
The remark reflects the arrogance of the opposition party, Modi said, addressing a rally at Ratlam in Madhya Pradesh.
Here are important excerpts from PM Modi's speech:
- 'Hua to hua' are not just three words but reflect arrogance of the Congress: PM Modi
- While they (Congress leaders) were saying "hua to hua", the people of the country were saying "enough is enough": PM Modi
- These 'mahamilavati' people are saying 'hua toh hua', but the country is now saying 'mahamilavati logon ab bohot hua' (enough is enough): PM Modi
- Poor people who never got pucca houses, electricity, LPG, toilets during Congress era due to its hua to hua casual approach are now saying enough is enough: PM Modi
- The Congress cheated God: PM Modi
- Congress had a problem saying 'Bharat Mata ki Jai', but was happy abusing him: PM Modi