Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday addressed the 76th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York. During his address at the UNGA, PM Modi framed the idea of India's power in the context of science, technology, culture, and problem-solving capability at an "unparalleled" scale. AS IT HAPPENED
HERE ARE THE TOP POINTS
- In the last 1.5 years, the entire world has been facing the worst pandemic in 100 years.
- On 15 August this year, India entered the 75th year of independence. Our diversity is the identity of our strong democracy.
- Development should be all-inclusive, universal and one that nurtures all.
- When India reforms, world transforms
- Our priority is that development should be all inclusive, all pervasive, universal and one that nurtures all
- Today, I extend an invitation to all vaccine manufacturers from across the world to make vaccines in India
- Corona pandemic has taught the world that the global economy should be more diversified now
- Along with regressive thinking, countries that are using terrorism as a political tool have to understand that terrorism is an equally big threat to them
- On the ocassion of 75 years of independence, India is going to launch 75 satellites into space made by Indian students
- India has developed the world's first DNA vaccine
- Our oceans are also our shared heritage. That is why we have to keep in mind that we use ocean resources, not abuse