New Delhi: In yet another achievement for Indian authorities, a Pakistani terrorist was today captured alive while his four associates were killed in an overnight encounter with army in Kashmir, weeks after Naved Yakub was nabbed in Udhampur.
The arrest of Sajjad Ahmed will help India in shaming Pakistan on international front as Pak keeps denying that it is indulged in promoting terror activities in India.
Here's what we know about Sajjad Ahmed:
* Sajjad Ahmed is only 22-year-old.
* He is the resident of Muzaffargarh in South West Pakistan or Balochistan.
* Sajjad was nabbed after an overnight encounter near the Line of Control (LoC) in Rafiabad area of Baramulla district.
* Sajjad may have been trained under Laskhar-e-Toiba militant outfit.
* He infiltrated into India through Uri along with five other militants.
* One of his accomplices was killed in the encounter yesterday while three were killed today.
The security forces had yesterday launched a massive operation in north Kashmir, ranging from Uri sector near the Line of Control to Panzalla in Rafiabad area, following information about presence of a group of militants in the area.
A police official said the arrested terrorist is being shifted to Srinagar for questioning.
The capture of Pakistani terrorist comes about three weeks after Naved, a Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist from Pakistan, was nabbed by some civilians after he and his associate attacked a BSF convoy in Chenani area of Udhampur district on August 5.
His associate was killed in the encounter with BSF personnel.
(With inputs from PTI)