Tikamgarh: Four teenage boys were electrocuted to death today when an electric wire fell in Gudha river while they were bathing, police said.
The incident occurred at Gudha village, 50 km from here when the deceased identified as Sunil (13), Dipak (13), Brijendra (14) and Kaushal (15) were having a bath, Jatara police station Inspector Laxman Prasad Yadav told PTI.
An overhead wire of 1,100 KV suddenly broke and fell in the river. The children belonged to Ahirwar community, he added.
Their bodies were handed over to the family members after post mortem. A case has been registered in the incident and investigations are underway, the officer said.
Meanwhile, MP East Power Distribution Company Limited (Jatara) nodal officer Rahul Singh said that they will investigate the reason behind this incident and the guilty
will be punished.