New Delhi: A fire broke out Monday in a busy market in old Delhi, a fire official said. No casualty has been reported.
A Delhi Fire Service official said the fire was reported from Kinari Bazar (Chandni Chowk) -- a wholesale retail market specialising in wedding attire and accessories.
"Around 12 fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire after it was reported at 2.30 p.m.," the official said.
According to initial reports, the fire was caused due to a short circuit in a transformer and was soon brought under control.