The assurance came after confusion over the admission process that was scheduled to begin Tuesday but was deferred by the colleges citing "lack of clarity and conflicting guidelines".
Confirming that the DU colleges had written to the UGC, Ram Lal Anand College principal Vijay K. Sharma told IANS: "In the letter, we have asked the competent authority to give us a clear directive on how we are supposed to go forward."
A total of 2.7 lakh students have applied for the 54,000 available seats in the DU colleges.
Earlier Tuesday, the announcement of Dinesh Singh's resignation sparked wild celebrations by students bitterly opposed to the FYUP and angry reactions from those who supported the vice chancellor.
Teachers sympathetic to Dinesh Singh, whose pet project FYUP came into being last year, said he quit after the UGC threatened to freeze the university's funds over the programme and Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Smriti Irani refused to intervene.
By Tuesday evening, Dinesh Singh's lawyer Suraj Singh told the media that he had not quit and was still the vice chancellor.
Earlier, the news of Dinesh Singh's quitting was followed by the resignations of DU's three top officials, including pro vice chancellor Sudhish Pachauri.
The standoff between DU and the UGC over scrapping the FYUP has left 2.7 lakh applicants in the lurch.
The tussle began June 20 when the UGC directed DU to scrap the course and replace it with the original three-year programme. Despite the UGC's repeated reminders, the university remained non-committal.
High drama over VC resignation; most colleges agree to UGC directive
New Delhi: Delhi University Tuesday witnessed high drama over the reported resignation by its vice chancellor Dinesh Singh even as the UGC said that of the 64 colleges, 57 have agreed to "comply" with its
Advertisement
Advertisement
Top News
-
Yunus resigns as Bangladesh chief adviser ahead of BNP leader Tarique Rahman's oath-taking
-
Netanyahu says PM Modi to visit Israel on February 25-26: 'India is enormously powerful and popular'
-
Macron in India: Rafale, submarines and big-ticket defence deals set stage for landmark visit
-
Rajpal Yadav cheque bounce case: Actor gets interim bail from Delhi HC, asked to surrender passport
Advertisement
Advertisement