New Delhi: At least 50 shanties were gutted in a fire that broke out in a slum in a New Delhi area, official said Monday.
The blaze apparently started due to an electrical short circuit in a hut in a slum in the Chanakyapuri area Sunday late.
"We received a call around 10 p.m., following which 16 fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the fire was doused in an hour's time," said an official of Delhi Fire Service.
No one was injured in the incident.
Chanakyapuri is the diplomatic enclave in the capital.