The Delhi police on Monday said that it will question the owner and staff members of Tagore Public School in Delhi's Gandhinagar area, where a five-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a peon, after it was found that the administration of private institution had not got its employees verified.
Also, there were no CCTV cameras installed on the school premises, a senior police official said, adding that some members of the school management have been asked to join the probe.
The girl's statement, under section 164 of the CrPC, was recorded before a magistrate but her family said that she was traumatised and does not want to go back to the school, he said.
The parents also alleged that the class teacher reached the hospital and tried to convince them not to reveal the name of the school in order to hush up the matter.
The girl was allegedly sexually assaulted on Saturday afternoon, by a school peon in an empty classroom. The accused, Vikas Kumar, was arrested on Saturday night. The arrested man, Vikas, had been working in the school for the last three years. Previously, he worked as a security guard there.
The incident came a day after a seven-year-old boy's throat was slit allegedly by a bus conductor of a Gurgaon school for allegedly resisting sexual assault -- an incident that sent shock waves across the country.
The Delhi government on Sunday had ordered a magisterial inquiry, headed by Sub-Divisional Magistrate Vivek Vihar.
Delhi govt seeks action against hospital officials
The government has also sought suspension of the casualty medical officer of the Chacha Nehru hospital and disciplinary action against its director over "grave negligence" in connection with the case. Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain said the city government has written to Lt Governor Anil Baijal in this connection.
"Delhi government recommended suspension of the casualty medical officer of the Chacha Nehru super speciality hospital and disciplinary action against its director," he told reporters.
Jain said he has also directed the DGHS to inquire into the incident. The preliminary report with the aforementioned recommendations was submitted today, he said.
"The casualty medical officer did not follow the laid down norms or protocols pertaining to a victim of rape," Jain alleged.
The victim should have been treated in the hospital itself and should not have been referred to LNJP Hospital, he said.
However, LNJP Hospital treated the victim well and she was released the next morning, the minister said.
"Even while referring, a CATS ambulance should have been used and a woman doctor or an attendant should have accompanied the victim.
"There was grave negligence on the part of the casualty medical officer and the director," he said.
(With PTI inputs)