Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday addressed Pariksha Pe Charcha - an interactive session with young students appearing for Class 10th and Class 12th Board Examinations from across the country at the Talkatora Stadium in Delhi. He took up questions from students on exam stress, peer pressure and academic competition.
Here are top quotes by PM Modi during his interaction with students in Delhi-
1. Exams and results should be the by-product.
2. You should eliminate the term 'carrier' from your mind and rather should focus on doing something for your own betterment.
3. I would request all teachers to connect not just with the students, but also indulge in their social circle to know them better.
4. In our society teachers are like family members. Such a spirit was more common earlier and we have to reignite this spirit further today.
5. Teachers should connect not only with students but also with their parents & their eco-system.
6. Ignorance about priorities leads to time mismanagement; we should look at it.
7. Students should start writing a diary on their own progress, this will help them compete with themselves. Competing with your own self will help you perform better each time.
8. During exams, sleeping is vital but more important is the quality of sleep.
9. Students should get involved in their hobbies, like listening to music, meeting a friend. This will develop a sense of freedom.
10. Most of the people will not be able to explain the difference between IQ and EQ.
11. It is very important to develop both Intelligence Quotient and Emotional Quotient.
12. Have we ever asked the guy who deliver newspaper at our house his name? Do we know the name of the school bus driver? The moment we start this it will change our lives.
13. Every child in India is born politician'.
14. If you want to focus, learn how to defocus first.
15. Sometimes parents force "ghosts" of their desires on their children, it is better for students to have a open dialogue with their parents.
16. Every kid is gifted in one way or the other.
17. Parents try to fulfill their unfulfilled expectations through their children. This is not right. If they couldn’t become doctors they try to make their kids become a doctor.
18. Parents should look upon their children as their friends, once their kids reach the age of 18 years.
19. I would request parents not to make the achievements of their child a matter of social prestige. Every child is blessed with unique talents.
20. Don't question parents' intentions. Always remember what every parent sacrifices for the well-being of the child.
21. Students should start writing a diary on their own progress, this will help them compete with themselves. Competing with your own self will help you perform better each time.
22. If someone says anything bad to you, you will remember it even after 10 years. So memory power is not an issue. Things that affect you, you don’t forget them as they touch your heart.
23. People lose themselves if they indulge in competition with their friends.
24. Do not compete with others, compete with yourself.
25. Yoga synchronises the mind and the body, it is more than just physical exercise.
26. I used to read Vivekananda a lot. Who knew that 33 crore Gods’ blessing can’t help if you don’t have self-confidence.
27. Vivekananda Ji said, if you don’t have self confidence even 33 crore Gods blessings can’t help you.
28. He used to say that we should worship all Gods, but that will not help if we lack self-confidence.
29. Concentration isn’t something that has to be specifically learnt. Every person does concentrate on something or the other during the day, it may be while reading, hearing a song, talking to a friend.
30. Students usually worship Goddess Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge. But on the day of exam, they worship Lord Hanuman.
31. I would like to thank mostly the children for taking part in the Clean India campaign.
32. In addition to the right skills and the means, what a student needs is self-confidence.
33. Self confidence comes by challenging ourselves and working hard. We should always think of bettering ourselves.
34. You are not talking to the Prime Minister of India, you are talking to a friend, I am here as a student let us see how many marks will you give me out of 10.
35. My young friends, always keep the student in you alive.
36. I am lucky as I got the opportunity to interact with the students and teachers across various cities of the country.
37. For students, one time table or a schedule can’t be appropriate for the full year. It is essential to be flexible and make best use of one’s time.
38. A viewer of India TV, Gaurav asked question for the Prime Minister on how a student should select a career.
39. For students, one time table or a schedule can’t be appropriate for the full year. It is essential to be flexible and make best use of one’s time.
40. 'All the Best for your Board Exams, I am confident for my 2019 exams because I have blessings of 120 cr Indians'
WATCH FULL VIDEO: