The Indian Army conducted surgical strikes targeting several terror launchpads and terror camps across three locations in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir last night, Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) Lt Gen Ranbir Singh said at a joint press conference called by the Ministry of External Affairs and the Defence Ministry.
The motive of this operation was to hit out at the terrorists who were planning to infiltrate into our territory, the DGMO added.
There were no Indian casualties during the strikes that were carried out in Pak territory last night by the Army.
President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice-President Hamid Ansari, Former PM Manmohan Singh, J&K Governor and J&K chief minister Mehbooba Mufti have been briefed on the surgical strikes by the Indian Army.
Here are the 10 key points made by the DGMO at the press conference:
1. It has been a matter of serious concern that there has been continuous infiltration by terrorists along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir.
2. Terrorists captured from Pakistan or PoK have confessed to their training in Pakistan.
3. We have often recovered GPS, and other stores with Pakistan markings, and some captured terrorists have confessed to their connections.
4. Indian Army conducted surgical strikes on terror launchpads along LoC, there have been significant casualties in the surgical strike.
5. Heavy damages have been caused to terrorists, many of them have been killed. The surgical strike was conducted at four launching pads.
6. The motive of this operation was to hit out at the terrorists who were planning to infiltrate into our territory.
7. No plan to continue with surgical strikes against terrorist launchpad across LOC as of now.
8. Details of the operation have been shared with the Pakistani DGMO.
9. It is India’s intention to maintain peace and tranquility in the region but certainly can’t allow terrorists to operate along LoC.
10. We expect the Pakistani army to cooperate with us with a view to erase the menace of terrorism.