Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar passed away at the age of 63 today. He was suffering from advanced pancreatic cancer since February last year. His demise has plunged the nation into sorrow. Tributes for Parrikar, who was known for his simplicity and humbleness, have been pouring from political leaders and public alike. Here are 10 interesting facts about Parrikar, which makes him people's favourite:
1. Manohar Parrikar used to ride his scooter to Goa Assembly.
2. Parrikar used to say that every politician should have tea on road side stalls to get all kind of information about his state.
3. During his term as defence minister, Parrikar only occupied a single room in his Akbar road bungalow.
4. Parrikar registered a full attendance in Parlimament durig his stint as Union minister.
5. Parrikar use to stand in queue on airports for security check in with common people.
6. He was often spotted grabbing a meal at local restaurants.
7. Manohar Parrikar was the first Indian CM who was an IITian.
8. Parrikar was the first CM to acknowledge Modi as PM contender.
9. Despite his declining health, Parrikar carried on as CM and wanted to serve Goa till his last breath.
10. Parrikar was a master of political issues and was considered highly skilled in social engineering.