New Delhi: If you thought henna was the only natural way to hide grey hair, think again. Lemon juice, onion and curry leaves can also help in concealing and slowing down greying of hair.
Vivek Sahni, director, luxurious and Ayurveda brand Kama Ayurveda, suggests how to make different pastes for hair:
* Make a paste of organic henna powder, amla (gooseberry) powder, and coffee powder with curd. Apply on hair and leave it on for one to two hours and wash it off with mild chemical-free shampoos.
* Apply a paste of organic henna powder and organic indigo powder with lemon juice and yogurt on the hair and let it stay for one to two hours and then wash it off with mild shampoo.
* Dry amla and fenugreek paste also prevents hair greying.
* Mix onion and lemon juice and apply on scalp and hair evenly. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off.
* Add one handful of curry leaves to 200 ml of coconut oil and boil till the leaves turn black. Let it cool. Strain the oil in a container. Massage your scalp and hair, one hour before showering.
Tips to slow down greying:
* Include more leafy green vegetables, beans, grapes and citrus fruits in your diet.
* Avoid caffeine, junk food, alcohol and smoking.
* Use mild shampoo and conditioner.
* Try to do stress-relieving exercises such as yoga and meditation.
* Drink plenty of water.