Recently, we told you how to prepare the Wood Apple Squash at home in simple and quick steps. You must have been a number of roadside vendors selling ‘Bael Ka Sharbat’ during the peak summers. Do you know the reason behind it? Why Wood Apple Squash is one of the most preferred beverage during summers in India? According to health experts, wood apple helps relieving constipation, indigestion, dysentery and also boosts immune system during summers. It is also beneficial for new mothers as it boosts the production of milk.
Let’s have a closer look at the extensive health benefits of having Wood Apple Squash in summers.
- Wood Apple Squash helps easing digestion. It destroys the parasites in our gut and is a good remedy for treating digestive disorders. The laxative property of wood apple also helps in relieving constipation, discomfort and subsequent pain.
- It purifies the blood. It helps in purification of blood and removal of toxins from liver and kidneys.
- For those who are battling diabetes, wood apple is a perfect solution. It counteracts diabetes by controlling the severity of the condition. It manages the flow and secretion of sugars in the bloodstream. It also controls the spikes and plunges in sugar levels that can be dangerous for diabetics.
- Wood apple also helps in curing chronic respiratory conditions. It also helps in recovering from sore throat and cough. It also loosens the phlegm and eliminates the build-up in the respiratory system.
- Wood apple gives you a boost of energy in summers. 100 grams of wood apple provides 140 calories. The high protein content of the fruit also boosts the healing power of your body.
- Wood apple is highly recommended for people suffering from kidney disorders. Owing to its detoxifying powers, wood apple can protect your kidney from diseases.
- The thiamine and riboflavin in wood apples are known for boosting liver health. They are also helps maintaining a good cardiovascular health.