Niti Aayog has released its second Health Index for states. The index ranks the states on their performance in the health sector.
The ranking was done under three catagories - larger states, smaller states and UTs.
The base year for the index was taken as 2015-16.
Here’s a list of Top 5 performing states when it comes to Health Index
- Kerala - Kerala has held the top spot for second year running. However, Kerala has seen a dip in its overall score from 76.55 in 2015-16 to 74.01 in 2017-18.
- Andhra Pradesh - Andhra Pradesh takes the second spot with an overall score of 65.13 which is up from 60.16 of last time.
- Maharashtra - Maharashtra comes third with an overall score of 63.99 which is also up from 61.07.
- Gujarat - Gujarat sits at fourth spot with 63.52 score. It's score last time was 61.99.
- Punjab - Punjab comes in at 5th spot with 63.01 score which has dropped from 65.21.
The next 5 spots have been taken by Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Telangana.
Health Index: India’s worst performing states
- Uttar Pradesh - UP sits at the bottom of the list with a score of 28.61 which is even lower than the last count for UP which stood at 33.69
- Bihar - Bihar sits just above UP with a score of 32.11 which has seen a significant drop of 8 points from its last score of 38.46.
- Odisha - Above Bihar comes Odisha with 35.97 overall score. Odisha has also seen a drop of 4 points in its score from 39.43.
- Madhya Pradesh - MP sits fourth from bottom with 38.39 score. Last score for MP was 40.09
- Uttarakhand - Uttarakhand has a score of 40.20 which gets it into the bottom 5. UK has also seen a drop of 5 points from the last count of 45.22.
Rajasthan, Assam, Jharkhand sit just above the bottom 5 in the list