Have you forgotten or lost your Aadhaar number or your Aadhaar Enrolment ID? Do not worry. You can easily retrieve it if you have a registered mobile number by following these simple steps provided by the Unique Authority of India (UIDAI). An OTP will be generated after you follow these steps. OTP is mandatory for this facility.
Aadhaar is a verifiable 12-digit identification number issued by UIDAI to the resident of India for free of cost. From a newborn to a senior citizen, everyone can enrol for Aadhaar. It is essential that your Aadhaar Data is correct and remains updated always.
Steps to retrieve lost or forgotten UID/EID
1. Log on to https://uidai.gov.in/
2. Go to My Aadhaar Tab
3. Click on to Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID
4. Select what you want to retrieve
There are two options: Aadhaar No (UID) or Enrolment ID (EID) (See Photo)
5. Write your full name, mobile number and email address
6. Enter the Captcha and submit Send OTP
7. Enter the OTP and you are done
Here's the direct link to Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID: Click here >> Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID
If you don't have a registered mobile number, you can call Aadhaar helpline 1947 for further assistance.