New Delhi: Actress Katrina Kaif's split with Ranbir Kapoor was said to have had a huge impact on their upcoming film ‘Jagga Jasoos'. Recent media reports suggested that Katrina has stopped turning up for the shoot. Her presence on the sets of ‘Baar Baar Dekho', a movie in which she stars along with Sidharth Malhotra, further added fuel to this fire.
Co-produced by Ranbir, ‘Jagga Jasoos' was already running behind schedule and Katrina prioritising other projects seemed to have worsened the situation. In such a scenario, one can expect the makers of the film to be upset, but the case is different here.
Director Anurag Basu has put all speculations to rest by clearing the air on this matter. While speaking to a leading entertainment portal, he said, “Schedules on films like these are never planned at the last moment. Dates for both Jagga Jasoos and Nitya Mehra's Baar Baar Dekho were planned over five months ago and agreed on. Nitya's schedule in Thailand is an outdoor one and many months of planning went into it.”
Also Read: Break-up effect? Katrina Kaif leaves Ranbir Kapoor's 'Jagga Jasoos', shoots with Sidharth Malhotra
“It was pre-planned, that Ranbir Kapoor would shoot his solo portions, at the time where Katrina Kaif was to shoot for Baar Baar Dekho. The Jagga Jasoos shoot will resume from March 6 as Katrina returns from Excel's film. In fact, the last schedule I shot with both Ranbir and Katrina was the best one so far,” he added.
‘Jagga Jasoos' will be the third outing of ex-flames Ranbir and Katrina. They have worked in ‘Rajneeti' and ‘Ajab Prem Ki Gajab Kahani' together.