New Delhi: Think one title for a creative person and Ayushmann Khurrana already owns it! A theatre actor, a Radio Jockey, a Video Jockey, a street play artist, an actor, a host, a singer, a blogger – Wooff! Ayushmann has been all of that and still exploring!
The 31-years-old actor, and father of two cute kids (In case you weren't aware about it!), Ayushmann is no less than a youth icon for all those who are struggling to make it big in the entertainment industry.
He started his journey in 2002 and more than a decade later, we still see him in newer ventures after every couple of months.
Let's check out the entire journey of this multi-talented actor who has a knack for moving from one avatar to another.
Much before we saw Ayushmann onscreen; Chandigarh, the place where he was born, witnessed him growing into a promising actor.
Before winning the reality TV show Roadies 2 in 2004, he was already a known face amongst the theatre artists in Chandigarh. It was he, who alongwith some other members, found DAV's “Aaghaaz” and “Manchtantra” – the two most active theatre groups of the city. Alongside, he also continued exploring the open air shows i.e. the street plays.
1) Radio Jockey: After finishing studies, Ayushmann's first job was a radio jockey in BIG FM, Delhi. He hosted the show Big Chai – Mann Na Mann, Mei Tera Ayushmann and won the Young Achievers Award in 2007 for it.
2) Video Jockey: A successful rendezvous in radio gave him avenues onscreen and eventually he became a Video Jockey (VJ) in MTV. ‘MTV Fully Faltoo Movies', ‘Cheque De India' and ‘Jaadoo Ek Baar' are some of the shows that he hosted.
3) Anchor: Ayushmann's exploration and progress did not stop here. Next step after earning accolades as VJ was to venture into anchoring and he did exactly that. Now, he was seen hosting reality shows like ‘India's Got Talent', ‘Music Ka Maha Muqqabla' and several others along with the stage shows and award functions.
4) Actor: The enthusiast did not stop here too. Yet another leap and he was now, in films! In 2012, Ayushmann was seen in the movie ‘Vicky Donor' opposite Yami Gautam. Despite being a small budget film, the movie got spotted by the critics also while raking in moolah.
5) Singer: It was in the debut film only that Ayushmann, made his fans aware of yet another talent that he possessed - his singing skill. In ‘Vicky Donor', we heard him crooning ‘Pani Da Rang'.
Soon after, we saw him in more films like ‘Bewakoofiyan, ‘Nautanki Saala' and ‘Dum Laga Ke Haisha' which was screened in Poland also.
Though small budget, yet the actor continued to explore and perk up his acting talent film after film.
6) Blogger/Music Composer: Not only onscreen but Ayushmann Khurana's creative juices flew in words as well. He is a wonderful blogger and a music composer too. Some of his work can be seen on his blogs.
While we wish him happy birthday today and hope for a wonderful future ahead for him, we wonder if we are still unaware of any hidden talent of this extremely capable actor.
We wish he may continue to amaze us with more of such skills and continue being exemplary for today's youth.