1. You Are At:
  2. Home
  3. Entertainment News
  4. Bollywood News
  5. #MeToo: Casting director Mukesh Chhabra accused of sexual harassment, Anurag Kashyap cuts ties with him

#MeToo: Casting director Mukesh Chhabra accused of sexual harassment, Anurag Kashyap cuts ties with him

Casting director Mukesh Chhabra was accused of sexual harassment post which filmmaker Anurag Kashyap announced that he has cut-off his ties with him way back.

Written by: India TV Entertainment Desk, New Delhi [ Updated: October 14, 2018 6:26 IST ]
Image Source : CINESTAAN/WIKIPEDIA

#MeToo: Casting director Mukesh Chhabra accused of sexual harassment, Anurag Kashyap cut ties with him

Casting director Mukesh Chha bra is the latest among the Bollywood celebrities who have been accused of sexual harassment after Sajid Khan, Nana Patekar and Subhash Kapoor. Post the allegations started pouring in, filmmaker Anurag Kashyap announced that he has cut-off all the professional as well as personal ties with him way back. Kashyap's response came after a Twitter used tagged him in a post saying the filmmaker had shared with her that he is planning to reveal the stories of Chhabra's "misogynistic ways".

"So @anuragkashyap72 told me recently that if no one speaks out about @CastingChhabra and his misogynistic ways he will. He also said he has cut off all ties with Chhabra. Im holding you to this @anuragkashyap72 . Waiting. #metoo #timesup," the user wrote.

In his reply, Kashyap said he does not have any evidence of misconduct against the well-known casting director.

Watch: Kangana Ranaut lashes out at people for dubbing her #MeToo story as publicity gimmick for Manikarnika!

 

"I neither have any #MeToo stories nor evidence about mukesh Chhabra. I cut-off ties with him for lot's of reasons related to casting and reasons that I don't feel the need to put out in public domain," he tweeted.

Kashyap has recently been under fire for inaction in Vikas Bahl sexual harassment case. Last year, a woman employee at Phantom Films, which had Bahl as one of the partners along side Kashyap, Vikramaditya Motwane and Madhu Mantena, had levelled allegations of molestation against Bahl, who she said behaved inappropriately during a trip to Goa.

Vikas Bahl’s wife slams Kangana Ranaut for misusing #MeToo; ‘Hypocrite Kangana’ trends on Twitter

 

In a recent article in Huffpost India, the woman has reiterated the allegations, sharing further details about the incident. According to the report, in October 2015, the woman reached out to Kashyap and detailed her experience, but no action was taken while Bahl continued to harass her until she finally quit the company.

Kashyap said he was "ill-advised" in the matter by his lawyers. Apart from Wasseypur series, Chhabra has done casting for Kashyap's Ugly and Bombay Velvet. In a latest report published on Mid-Day, four aspiring actors have accused Chhabra and another casting director Vicky Sidana of harassing them during audition process.

Chhabra has denied the "unsubstantiated wild anonymous allegations" in a letter posted on his Twitter handle.

"It is very unfortunate that years of hard work and building is been muzzled with a series of unsubstantiated wild anonymous allegations. To put it into perspective, we have a ICC committee put into the place for years and we could have appreciated if the complaint received could have been forwarded to the said committee for probe and investigation," the letter read.

"This is a clearly motivated piece and we deny any incident as alleged took place," it further read.

Chabbra is known for working on films such as Dangal, Rockstar, Shahid and Kai Po Che! among others.

(With PTI Inputs)tw

Write a comment

Bigg boss 12