Currently representing the Lok Janshakti Party from Jamui in Parliament, Chirag Paswan is the son of Union minister Ram Vilas Paswan. The 36-year-old has often been credited for bringing LJP back into the NDA fold. Watch the video to know more about your neta.
Quick facts about Chirag Paswan:
- Chirag Paswan has a BTech in Computer Science from Bundelkhand University, Jhansi.
- He owns an NGO -- Chirag Paswan foundation.
- Before entering into politics, Chirag was an Indian film actor.
- In 2011, he made his acting debut in Bollywood movie 'Miley Naa Miley Hum'.
- He was nominated for the Stardust Awards in the 'Superstar of Tomorrow-Male' category.
- In 2010, Chirag took over a party that was decimated and could win just three seats in the assembly polls.
- In 2014, Chirag was elected to the 16th Lok Sabha from Jamui. He had defeated Sudhansu Shekhar Bhaskar of RJD by over 85,000 votes.
- He said the move of joining NDA was a compulsion born out of the 'humiliation' faced by the party at the hands of the Congress.
- Developments that Chirag undertook in the Jamui region, during his first term as the MP, include a central school, a medical college, road connectivity to the village he had adopted and a new railway line.