The registration process for the Joint Entrance Examination will commence from Saturday. Starting this year, the JEE Main examination will be conducted twice a year, the first examination will be held from January 6 to January 20, 2019 and the second examination will be held from April 6 to 20.
JEE MAIN 2019: IMPORTANT DATES
1. JEE Main I (Commences from January 6)
- Online submission of application forms- September 1-30, 2018
- Downloading of admit cards- December 17, 2018
- Dates of examination- January 6-20, 2019
- Declaration of results- January 31, 2019
2. JEE Main II (Commences from April 6)
- Online submission of application forms- February 8 to March 7, 2019
- Downloading of admit cards- March 18, 2019
- Dates of examination- April 6 to April 20, 2019
- Declaration of results- April 30, 2019
JEE MAIN 2019: SYLLABUS
This section will include questions on general topics, gaseous and liquid states, atomic structure and chemical bonding, energetics, chemical equilibrium, electrochemistry, chemical kinetics, solid state, solutions, surface chemistry and nuclear chemistry. In will also include the general topics, mechanics, thermal physics, electricity and magnetism, optics and modern physics.
2. Inorganic Chemistry
This section will contain questions on isolation/preparation and properties of non-metals, preparation and properties of compounds, transition elements (3D series), ores and minerals, extractive metallurgy and principles of quality analysis.
3. Organic Chemistry
This section will include questions on concepts, preparation/properties/reactions of alkanes/alkynes, reactions of benzene, phenols, characteristic reactions, carbohydrates, amino acids and peptides, properties and uses of important polymers and practical organic chemistry.
This section will include questions on algebra, trigonometry, analytical geometry, differential calculus, integral calculus and vectors.
JEE MAIN 2019: ELIGIBILITY
The candidates need to clear plus two examination with Science as a stream (Physics, Chemistry, Maths) and 50 per cent marks.
JEE MAIN 2019: APPLICATION FEE
- JEE Main Paper-I or Paper-II
The candidates (boys)(General/ OBC) category have to pay an application fee of Rs 500, While reserve category candidates and girls have to pay an application fee of Rs 250.
- JEE Main Paper-I and II
For both the papers, the general/ OBC category candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs 1300, while Rs 650 for reserve category candidates and girls.