Samsung has launched its new smartphone, Galaxy J2 Pro, in India at a price of Rs 9,980. The smartphone will be available via Snapdeal starting July 26.
The Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro, with an upgraded 2 GB RAM succeeds the recently launched Galaxy J2 (2016), which packs 1.5GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro also has the Galaxy J2’s Smart Glow ring on the back. The ring is the standard LED notification, which lights up around the camera lens when you get any notification. Users can also customize the smart ring by giving different coloured lights to apps and contact. The light also doubles as a notification on low battery or when you run out of mobile data or storage.
The Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro comes with a Turbo Speed Technology (TST), something the company claims will help apps open up to 40 percent faster than devices with double the RAM.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro specifications
- The smartphone comes with a 5-inch HD AMOLED display.
- It is powered by 1.5 GHz quad-core processor paired with 2GB of RAM.
- The smartphone comes with 16GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD.
- It runs on Android Marshmallow.
- It has 8-megapixel rear camera and 5-megapixel front facing camera.
- Connectivity options include 4G LTE, dual-SIM, Bluetooth v4.1, USB 2.0, GPS , Glonass, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz and Wi-Fi Direct.
- It is powered by a 2,600mAh battery.
The Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro, which is under Rs 10,000, can be compared to the Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus at Rs. 7,999, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 at Rs. 11,999 and Coolpad Note 3 at Rs. 8499 among others.