He was 81 and is survived by wife, two sons and a daughter.
The legendary singer was bed ridden for about a year due to old age related ailments and had been admitted on to SCB Medical College and Hospital at Cuttack on October 25 where he passed away late last night.
A devotee of Lord Jagannath, Bal was popular for his dedication to Oriya Bhajan which brought him laurels from far and wide.
Recipient of several prestigious awards, the singer had sung hundreds of Bhajans besides presenting his voice as play back singer in a number of Oriya films including Bhakta Salabega, Agni Pariksha, Mathura Vijaya, Abhilasha, Amar Prem, Kie Kahara and Srikrushna Rasa Leela. PTI
From Our Network
- ‘#FailedModiDiplomacy’: Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at PM Modi over NSG membership bid
- Brexit fallout: Scotland mulls independence from UK, Londoners demand separate country
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Won’t Keep an Account of Our Bullets if Pak Fires First, says Rajnath on Pampore attack
- Delhi-NCR tops list of India's most funded startup cities