For people who are not acquainted with software, operating system and technology but want to learn how to use WhatsApp on your computer through its web-based application, this article will help you in solving that problem.
WhatsApp Web for beginners
WhatsApp Web can be a good companion if a computer or a laptop suits you more than a smartphone, meaning it is possible to simultaneously access the WhatsApp account on your phone, laptop, tablet and PC without a hack. In case you are someone who has never used WhatsApp Web feature, here you will learn how to get WhatsApp on your phone, tablet, laptop and PC, all at once.
WhatsApp Security Flaw
WhatsApp is the most popular chat app that is used worldwide. This is primarily due to end-to-end encryption of the messages but as per recent reports, there is a loophole that was discovered in WhatsApp's encryption mechanism that allowed hackers to view the messages being shared via chat app.
How to use WhatsApp on your PC and laptop
1. Using WhatsApp on your web browser couldn't be easier. All you got to do is first launch the Chrome Brower on the PC or laptop and enter web.whatsapp.com. As soon as you enter, a QR code will pop up on your screen.
2. Now launch WhatsApp on your phone and access the setting menu that is placed on the top right corner with three dots and select WhatsApp Web.
3. After clicking on the WhatsApp Web, a QR reader will open on your phone. Now point this QR reader towards the PC screen so that it reads the code. Once done you will automatically be logged into WhatsApp on the desktop.
4. The WhatsApp Web interface is very much the like the WhatsApp phone, but note that desktop notifications are supported that you just might want to turn off if you happen to use share the PC with others. To turn off the notification tap on the three dots icon that will bring about more options. Now select Notifications and then deselect Desktop Alerts and Sounds.
5. To start a new conversation on the desktop is slightly different, as in a phone one can click the new message icon to select one of your contacts, but on WhatsApp Web, the search function lets users start new conversations as well as filter existing chats.
6. The interface of WhatsApp web matches that of the phone with the mic icons and emoticon placed at the bottom, next to the text-entry field, along with the paperclip icon placed on the top that let users attach files.
7. One can manage all WhatsApp features on the desktop and in case you plan on logging out, you can click on the three dots that will open up a drop-down, wherein you can log out from WhatsApp Web.
Note that the messages between the phone and the browser are synched and update simultaneously.