COVID-19 vaccine: COVID-19 cases have been rising rapidly in India. The situation has come to a point where we are facing difficulties in getting hospital beds and even oxygen cylinders. With such a situation in place, the government of India is working hard to bring the COVID-19 vaccine to as many people as possible. The vaccine was rolled out in phases starting with health workers and the elderly people. Now, the vaccine will be available for everyone above the age of 18 years.
Until now, vaccine registration was open only for people aged above 45 years. Starting 4 PM, April 28, the vaccine registration portal has been thrown open for the 18 to 44 years age group. Registration can be done on CoWIN App/site, Aarogya Setu App and Umang App. It is easy to register for the vaccine, just follow the steps.
Here’s how you can register yourself for the COVID-19 vaccine.
How to register for coronavirus vaccine on Co-WIN app
- Download and Install the Co-WIN app on your Android smartphone via the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and enter your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP once you receive it and click tap Verify.
- Now, the registration page will appear.
- Fill in your personal details including name, age, gender and more.
- Upload the required documents.
- Tap on the register button.
- Select the health centre and schedule an appointment for any available date.
- Tap on Book appointment to successfully register yourself for the COVID-19 vaccine.
How to register via CoWIN website
- Head over to www.cowin.gov.in.
- Scroll down to ‘Find Your Nearest Vaccination Center’.
- Click on ‘Register Yourself.
- Enter mobile number and tap on ‘Get OTP’.
- Enter the OTP and follow the on-screen instructions to get yourself registered.
Can I get a vaccination spot without an appointment?
The government says that citizens aged 18-44 years should mandatorily register themselves and schedule appointments online to get their slots for vaccination. Walk-in facility is currently not allowed at private hospitals for the 18-44 years age group.
Is there a registration charge?
No, the registration is absolutely free.
Can I register for vaccination without Aadhaar card?
Yes, you can register on the Co-WIN portal using any of the following ID proofs: Aadhaar card, Driving License, Passport, PAN card, Pension Passbook, NPR Smart Card, and Voter ID (EPIC).