Romania's Simona Halep continued to lead Women's Tennis Association (WTA) rankings released on Monday, ahead of Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki. With 8,760 points, Spain's Rafael Nadal remained in the No.1 spot in the Association of Tennis Professionals' (ATP) men's world singles rankings released on Monday, ahead of Switzerland's Roger Federer.
Japanese tennis player Naomi Osaka rocketed 12 spots to the seventh after claiming the US Open title on Saturday, defeating Serena Williams of the US 6-2, 6-4 in the women's final of the season's last Grand Slam tournament, reports Efe news.
US Open winner Naomi Osaka receives trophy in tears amid audience boos after sexism grabs spotlight at final
Osaka's victory also made her the first Japanese to win a Grand Slam title, leaving her with a record of two wins and no losses against the world's top female tennis player, as she had previously beaten Williams in the first round of the last Masters 1000 in Miami.
US Sloane Stephens dropped six positions down to the ninth after being eliminated by Latvian Anastasija Sevastova at the US Open quarterfinal.
Further down the rankings, Marketa Vondrousova of the Czech Republic jumped 32 places to world No. 71 having competed in the US until the round of 16, in which she was knocked out by Lesia Tsurenko of Ukraine.
With 8,760 points, Spain's Rafael Nadal remained in the No.1 spot in the Association of Tennis Professionals' (ATP) men's world singles rankings released on Monday, ahead of Switzerland's Roger Federer.
Serbia's Novak Djokovic jumped three spots to third after he captured his third US Open title and 14th overall grand slam with a 6-3, 7-6 (7-4), 6-3 victory over Juan Martin del Potro of Argentina, who fell the to fourth spot, reports Efe news.
Germany's Alexander Zverev came in fifth, ahead of Croatia's Marin Cilic and Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, sixth and seventh respectively.
Kevin Anderson of South Africa fell four spots to ninth in the rankings after he lost 7-5, 6-2, 7-6(2) to eighth-placed Dominic Thiem of Austria in the US Open round of 16.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 8,061 Points
2. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 5,975
3. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 5,425
4. Caroline Garcia (France) 4,725
5. Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 4,585
6. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 4,555
7. Naomi Osaka (Japan) 4,115
8. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 4,105
9. Sloane Stephens (US) 3,912
10. Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) 3,787
The current ATP rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 8,760 points
2. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 6,900
3. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 6,445
4. Juan Martin del Potro (Argentina) 5,980
5. Alexander Zverev (Germany) 4,890
6. Marin Cilic (Croatia) 4,715
7. Grigor Dimitrov (Bulgaria) 3,755
8. Dominic Thiem (Austria) 3,665
9. Kevin Anderson (South Africa) 3,595
10. John Isner (USA) 3,470