Commonwealth Games 2022, Highlights: India men's hockey team advances to final, confirms medal for India
- Team India advances to final after defeating South Africa.
- India registered a 3-2 win and confirmed a medal for India.
- India's Naveen defeats Pakistan's Muhammad Sharif in 74 kg category to win India's 6th gold in wrestling.
- Vinesh Phogat wins her third gold medal of Commonwealth Games.
- Ravi Dahiya wins gold by defeating Nigeria's Ebikewenimo Welson.
- Pooja Gehlot wins Bronze medal in women's 50kg after defeating Scotland's Christelle Letchidjio by 12-2.
- Jaismine Lamboria wins India's first medal in boxing in the 2022 edition of the multi-nation event.
- Jaismine lost to England's Gemma Richardson by split decision verdict 2-3 in the 60 kg category.
- Nikhat Zareen beats England’s Savannah Stubley to advance to the final.
- Nikhat registers a victory by 5-0 to assure yet another medal in boxing for India.
- India clinches silver medal for India by losing to Northern Ireland 18-5 in the men's fours lawn bowls event.
- The Indian team comprised Sunil Bahadur (lead), Navneet Singh (second), Chandan Kumar Singh (third) and Dinesh Kumar (skip).
Women’s 4X100m Relay
- Indian team comprising Dutee Chand, Hima Das, Srabani Nanda and Jyothi Yarraji qualifies for the 4x100m relay final after finishing second in Heat 1.
- The team recorded a timing of 44.45 seconds.
- Nigeria, England and Australia finished first, second, and third, respectively.
- PV Sindhu advances to semifinals after beating Malaysia's Goh Wei Jin.
- Sindhu registers a win by 19-21, 21-14, 21-18.
- On the other hand, Aakarshi Kashyap's CWG debut ended with a 10-21 7-21 defeat to Scotland's Kristy Gilmour.
- Ravi Dahiya beats Pakistan's Ali Asad by 14-4 in Men's 57 kg category to progress to the final.
- With Dahiya's win, another medal has been confirmed for India in this year's CWG event.
Men’s 3000m Steeplechase
- Avinash Sable bags silver medal for India by registering a national record with 8:11:20.
Women's 10000m Race Walk
- Priyanka Goswami clinches silver medal in 10 Km Race Walk with a time of 43:38.00.
- Australia's Jemima Montag finished first with 42:34:00.
- On the other hand, Bhawana Jat, finished last with 47:14:00.
- Boxers Nithu Ghanghas and Amit Panghal have advanced to the final of boxing.
- The final is scheduled on Sunday.
- Team India registers a win against England to progress to the final.
- India beat England by 4 runs.
India are taking on England in the first semifinal of Commonwealth's Cricket Championship. Harmanpreet Kaur has won the toss and India will bat first
Batra and Parag beat Oumehani and Nandeshwaree by 3-0
- India's Achanta Sharath Kamal is taking on Singapore's Yong Izaac Quek in men's singles quarter-final
FIH apologises to Indian women's hockey team for clock howler
Australia took the first shot, but Rosie Malone ended up missing it, before ecstasy could hit the Indian team, clouds of dismay came looming over. In one of its kinds of incidents, Malone was given a second chance as a technical official, B Morgan of England, had failed to start the clock on time. FIH has now apologized and admitted that the officials were at fault
Players who won medals for Team India
Gold Medal Winners:
- Mirabai Chanu in Weightlifting (Women's 46kg category)
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga in Weightlifting (Men's 67kg category)
- Achinta Sheuli in Weightlifting (Men's 73kg category)
- Bajrang Punia in Wrestling (Men's 65kg category)
- Deepak Punia in Wrestling (Men's 86kg category)
- Sakshi Malik in Wrestling (Women's 63kg category)
- Lawn Bowl women's team
- Men's Table Tennis team
- Sudhir in para Powerlifting
Silver Medal Winners:
- Avinash Sable in Men's 3000 m Steeplechase
- Priyanka Goswami in Women's 10000 m Race Walk
- Sanket Sargar in Weightlifting (Men's 55kg category)
- Bindyarani Devi in Weightlifting (Women's 55kg category)
- Sushila Devi in Judo (Women's 48kg category)
- Vikas Thakur in Weightlifting (Men's 96kg category)
- Tulika Mann in Judo (Women's +78kg category)
- Anshu Malik in Wrestling (Women's 57kg category)
- Murali Sreeshankar in Long Jump
- Mixed Team in Badminton
Bronze Medal Winners
- Gururaj Pujari in Weightlifting (Men's 61kg category)
- Vijay Kumar Yadav in Judo (Men's 60kg category)
- Harjinder Kaur in Weightlifting (Women's 60kg category)
- Lovepreet Singh in Weightlifting (Men's 109kg category)
- Saurav Ghoshal in Squash (Men's single)
- Gurdeep Singh in Weightlifting (Men's +109kg category)
- Tejaswin Shankar in Athletics (Men's High Jump)
- Divya Kakran in Wrestling (Women's 68kg category)
- Mohit Grewal in Wrestling (Men's 125kg freestyle)
Harmanpreet and co. all set to clash with England women
- India to play against England for a spot in the final of the CWG Cricket Championship
- Manika Batra tpo compete in in Women’s Doubles Round of 16
- Avinash Sable to compete in Men’s 3000m Steeplechase final
- PV Sindhu to take on Jin Wei Goh (Malaysia) in Women’s Singles Quarter-Finals
- Manju Bala to represent India in Women’s Hammer Throw Final
- Vinesh Kumar, Naveen Phogat, Pooja Gehlot, Pooja Sihag and Ravi Kumar to represent India in wrestling