IPL 2023 mini auction: With the T20 World Cup ending, all eyes are now set on the upcoming season of the Indian Premier League (IPL). The preparations for the next season are in full swing and the mini-auctions are all set to take place this month. The Indian Premier League that happens every year is nothing short of a blockbuster and it keeps on growing every year. The IPL is a stage that brings youngsters to the limelight and hence everybody wants to compete in it and put their best foot forward. Interestingly, this time around too many players have registered for the mini-auctions and the numbers are mind-boggling.
The IPL player registrations closed on November 30, 2022. This time around a total of 991 players have registered their names which include 714 Indian players and 277 overseas players. The auctions will take place on December 23, 2022, in Kochi. On November 15, 2022, all 10 franchises made their retention and released players list public. A total of 163 players were retained by their franchises and 85 players were released from their existing squads.
Here is a list of the types of players who have registered for the mini-auction
- 19 players: Capped Indian
- 166 players: Capped Internationals
- 20 players: Associate nations
- 91 players: Uncapped Indians who played in previous seasons
- 3 players: Uncapped internationals who played in previous seasons
- 604 players: Uncapped Indians
- 88 players: Uncapped Internationals
The country-wise breakdown of 277 overseas players
- Afghanistan: 14 players
- Australia: 57 players
- Bangladesh: 6 players
- England: 31 players
- Ireland: 8 players
- Namibia: 5 players
- Netherlands: 7 players
- New Zealand: 27 players
- Scotland: 2 players
- South Africa: 52 players
- Sri Lanka: 23 players
- UAE: 6 players
- West Indies: 33 players
- Zimbabwe: 6 players
IPL teams with total amount left in their purse
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: INR 42.25 cr.
- Punjab Kings: INR 32.20cr.
- Lucknow Supergiants: INR 23.35cr.
- Mumbai Indians: INR 20.55cr.
- Chennai Super Kings: INR 20.45cr.
- Delhi Capitals: INR 19.45cr
- Gujarat Titans: INR 19.25cr.
- Rajasthan Royals: INR 13.20cr.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: INR 8.75cr.
- Kolkata Knight Riders: INR 7.05cr.