Arrah (Bihar): Prime Minister Narendra Modi today announced a package of Rs.1.25 lakh crore for Bihar and said it will "change Bihar".
PM Modi made this announcement while addressing a rally in Ara.
"I am announcing a package of Rs. 1.25 lakh crore. This package will change the face of Bihar," PM Modi said amid loud cheers from the audience.
" In addition to Rs. 1.25 lakh crore, Rs 40,000 crore has already been granted for existing Road and power projects.This totals to Rs. 1.65 lakh crore for the development of Bihar," Modi Added.
"I promise you I will implement this package fully. If we want to solve people's problems then the only way ahead is development," said Modi at an event here.
Modi also said: "I will change the destiny of the country."
"If we want to solve people's problems then the only way ahead is development," Modi said.
He questioned Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar's anger when he had called Bihar "bimaru" (sick). "They say Bihar is not 'bimaru', and then they make demands...," Modi said.
He said the central government was formulating special schemes to empower women and OBCs in the state of Bihar.
He spoke a few lines in Bhojpuri language and greeted the people.
Meanwhile, reacting to PM Modi's announcement of special package for the state, Bihar CM Nitish Kumar said that special assistance is a right and not favour for the state.
"While I will wait to hear details of so called package announced by Modiji,I emphasize, special assistance is OUR RIGHT and not favor," Nitish said.
Modi was earlier received at the Patna airport by Governor Ram Nath Kovind and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Modi laid the foundation stone of a four-lane road connecting Patna and Buxar in Ara, the district headquarters of Bhojpur, about 60 km from Patna.
All private schools in Ara were closed on Monday and Tuesday due to restrictions on plying of school buses on several route through the town and for security reasons.
The four-lane highway and other projects were approved by the previous Congress led UPA government.
He has already addressed two election rallies in Muzaffarpur and Gaya ahead of the forthcoming assembly polls.
HIGHLIGHTS OF PM MODI'S SPEECH IN ARA:
* PM Modi concludes his speech
* Therefore, it's a total package of Rs 1.65 lakh crores: PM Modi
* PM Modi says additional amount of Rs 40,000 Crore has already been granted for ongoing projects of roads and power units.
* PM Modi announces a special package of Rs 1.25 Lakh crore package for Bihar
* Today from the land of Veer Kuanwar Singh and JP, I have decided to announce the package: PM Modi
* I have felt Rs 50,000 Crore is not enough for Bihar: PM Modi
* I had promised to announce Rs 50,000 Crore package but could not announce last time as Parliament was in session: PM Modi
* Even that money has not be used till this date. Only 4,000 crore has been used: PM Modi
* Bihar CM pleaded before UPA govt for assistance ignoring the self-respect of Bihar. And what he got was mere 12,000 Crore which also included 1,000 crore of Vajpayee's time. Therefore, UPA gave only Rs 11,000 Crore: PM Modi
* Bihar got two packages in the past. Bihar got a package after creation of Jharkhand. In 2003, PM Vajpayee gave a Rs 10,000 Crore package but even that was not utilised till 2013. Only 9000 Crore could be utilised, Rs 1,000 crore remained unspent: PM Modi
* I firmly believe that India can't be developed only with develeopment of western states. Development of eastern states is equally important: PM Modi
* Only a patient goes to a Doctor. Those who are healthy do not visit Doctors. If Nitish believes that Bihar is no longer BIMARU then why he keeps asking for different things?: PM Modi
* Bihar CM Nitish Kumar took strong exception to my statement last time when I said that Bihar needs to be lifted out of 'BIMARU' group. He says that Bihar is no longer BIMARU. I welcome his statement. If this is true that I will be the happiest person. The entire country will be happy: PM Modi
* I gave the slogan of 'Start up India, Stand up India' from the ramparts of Red Fort: PM Modi
* We have decided to set up power units in Bihar: PM Modi
* For industrialisation of Bihar, electricity is a must: PM Modi
* I have just returned from UAE. UAE govt will invest around 4.5 lak crores in India: PM Modi
* Skill development will change the destiny of India: PM Modi
* After 'Make In India', we gave the slogan of 'Skill India': PM Modi
* New Governor of Bihar Ram Nath Kovind ji has spent his life working for Dalits and other underpriviledged sections of the society: PM Modi
* PM Modi begins his speech
* PM Modi inaugurates 11 National Highway projects worth Rs 9700 crore
* People will get more employment because of these roads: Nitin Gadkari
* PM Modi reaches Ara rally venue
* Bihar CM Nitish Kumar receives PM Modi at Patna airport
Modi has already addressed two election rallies in Muzaffarpur and Gaya ahead of the Bihar Assembly polls.
Can you trust those who betrayed JP? PM Modi in Saharsa
Saharsa (Bihar): Prime Minister Narendra Modi today slammed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for rejecting Rs 5 crore cheque sent by people of Gujarat during Bihar floods in 2007. He accused Nitish of rejecting the aid because of his arrogance only.
Addressing a public rally in Saharsa, PM Modi said, "People of Gujarat had sent a cheque worth Rs 5 Crore. People of Bihar living in Gujarat had also contributed to that . But, see the arrogance. You were suffering while their arrogance was sky high. He sent the cheque back. Is this behaviour acceptable?"
He also blasted Nitish for joining hands with Congress which, under the leadership of Indira Gandhi, incarcerated JP during Emergency.
"Can we have these people, who treated JP like this, in politics of Bihar. And, who is doing seat alliance with Congress?Tell me, is this not betrayal of JP? Can you trust those who ill-treated JP? And what about those who are with Congress for power," Modi asked.
HIGHLIGHTS OF PM'S SPEECH IN SAHARSA:
* PM Modi concludes his speech
* The people of Bihar have decided to make NDA victorius in upcoming Assembly elections under the leadership of BJP: PM Modi
* An addition amount of Rs 40,000 Crore has been granted for existing road and power projects. In total, Bihar will get a special package of Rs 1.65 lakh crore: PM Modi
* Before Lok Sabha elections, I had promised a package of Rs 50,000 Crore for Bihar. Last time when I came to Bihar I could not make the announcement as Parliament was in session. Todai I have announced a package of Rs 1.25 lakh crore: PM Modi
* Riots in Bihar was 866 in January while in June it reached almost 1500. See the increase. This is from Bihar Govt records. Aap btaiye ye Jungle Raj ke aasaar hain ki nhi? PM Modi
* In January 2015 the crimes in Bihar stood at 13,808. In 6 months the number has reached 18,500: PM Modi
* When arrogance is sky high then you don't go to people, you call select journalists in AC rooms and talk to them: PM Modi
* Bihar is moving towards politics of development. The existing government will not remain in power. People will not accept them anymore: PM Modi
* Can we have these people, who treated JP like this, in politics of Bihar. And, who is doing seat alliance with Congress?Tell me, is this not betrayal of JP? Can you trust those who ill-treated JP? And what about those who are with Congress for power: PM Modi
* What was the crime of JP? That he was fighting against corruption. The whole nation got united under JP.Who is responsible for the demise of JP? These people of the Congress played these games with JP: PM Modi
* JP is the pride of India. Who put JP in jail during the Emergency? It was during the rule of Smt. Indira Gandhi and Congress: PM Modi
* 'Let people suffer I will not leave my arrogance.' Can we give responsibility to them? This arrogance shattered the dreams of Bihar:PM Modi
* People of Gujarat had sent a cheque worth Rs 5 Crore. People of Bihar living in Gujarat had also contributed to that . But, see the arrogance. You were suffering while their arrogance was sky high. He sent the cheque back. Is this behaviour acceptable?: PM Modi
* People across India stood with you during those times.I was CM of Gujarat at that time. But the arrogance of a few people in power is such they can't understand things: PM Modi
* 7 years ago there were floods in the Kosi River. There was lot of destruction: PM Modi
* I am coming from Ara rally. It's very clear which way the wind is blowing: PM Modi
* PM Modi begins his speech